At the PHAALS Foundation, our primary goal is to raise money and distribute it directly to ALS-affected families in need. Here’s what we’ve accomplished towards our goal so far:
Inagural event. Two teams, one game, two familes supported directly. Over $10,000 is raised and a dream is given birth.
The PHAALS Foundation is officially established.
Strategic foundation partnerships are formed with:
- Ohio High School Baseball Coaches Association
- Kindred Hospital – Lima, OH
- Orthopedic Institute of Ohio
- Ottawa Oil Company / Shell Party Marts
- Orthopedic Trauma Services
- $65,000 raised
- 30 High School and Collegiate events
- Two High School All-Star games
- 125 High Schools and Colleges participate in Fundraiser Events
- 15 ALS families inducted into the Hall of Fame
- Frito Lay sponsors a Matching Funds event
- BlackRock in Midtown New York sponsors a Matching Funds event
- Over 100 PHAALS volunteers join the Cincinnati Reds for their First Annual ALS Game
- 3 Diamond Dreams fulfilled
- Wheelchair purchased for a Hall of Fame member
- Awarded seven Hall of Fame Legend Scholarships for $2,500
- Established the PHAALS Hall of Fame Research Grant
- More than $100,000 raised
- 13 new families inducted into the Hall of Fame
- 50 Fundraising events held throughout Ohio
- Events held in Florida and Arizona
- Over 250 schools and communities participate in PHAALS Fundraisers
- Event held at Mery Field in Toledo, featuring the University of Toledo vs Notre Dame
- Event held at Fifth Third Field in Toledo
- The Ohio Sports Athletic Association partners with the PHAALS Foundation
- Over 200 PHAALS volunteers participate in the Cincinnati Reds 2nd Annual ALS Game
We have big plans for the future. As part of our roadmap, we will continue to form strategic corporate partnerships that will eventually allow the PHAALS Foundation to support a full-time staff. In doing so, we will be able to expand our efforts to a larger geographic area.
While maintaining our robust High School fundraiser event schedule, we also desire to spread the Foundation’s reach to Collegiate and Professional sporting events. This will not only raise awareness about ALS and the PHAALS Foundation, but also increase our ability to help those in need.
Through expanding our event schedule and fundraising goals, we are also able to grow the PHAALS Foundation Research Grant and put more resources towards the second part of our mission: Finding a cure.
WHERE WE ARE TODAY
Thoughts of the future are exciting, but we’re proud of what we’ve already accomplished. As of the end of 2014, we have:
Raised more than $175,000 in revenue
Currently more than 30 families being currently supported through the Foundation
More than $50,000 available for families to utilize
More than $7500 in scholarship monies to give away in 2015
If you’d like to get involved with what we do at the PHAALS Foundation, please consider becoming a donor, hosting an event or joining us as a volunteer. No matter if you donate your money or your time, what you give is invaluable for helping those in need.